[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evalsys generating report on > ~75 groups not working

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Fri May 24 13:13:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've come across a problem with the Evalsys, whereby if you select more than
(approx.) 75 groups to report on, then click any of the links to generate
the report (.xls, .csv, .pdf, -takers.csv), instead of being prompted to
download the report or displaying the report inline, it instead opens a new
blank tab and does nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I've ensured that it's not one of
the selected groups that is causing the problem (manually selecting
combinations of less than 75 groups works fine). There are no exceptions
thrown in the logs. I've attempted to debug and walk through the code to see
what it's doing, but it seemingly just stops randomly without an
explanation, as far as I can tell.

The only workaround I've found is to do multiple runs of less than 75
groups, and manually aggregate the resulting exports. Obviously this is not
an idea solution.

We're running a pretty heavily modified version of the 1.4.1 tag of Evalsys,
but I've also tried deploying the stock 1.4.1 tag and experienced the same
issues. We're also using Longsight's evalproviders (trunk) and the 1.2.6 tag
of hierarchy.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this kind of behaviour? Any/all
info appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Brian Jones
Applications Development
Information Technology Services