[Contrib: Evaluation System] problems with Chinese survey respnses

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 08:22:47 PDT 2013

Further to this, we tracked down the problem - there was something wrong with our implementation of oAuth that was stopping Chinese characters getting through to our DB.

We have now fixed this and can supply comments in Chinese as survey responses which can be seen via the web UI and via the Excel export. But pointedly they cannot be seen in the PDF export of responses.

Is this a limitation of the tool or can others see Chinese or similar characters in the PDF?

Adam