[Contrib: Evaluation System] consolidated email woes

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Fri Jan 25 00:12:39 PST 2013

Well when I manually put the template ids in there, things started
working. Based on the hibernate query I see when I step through it,
its seems like nulls are bad.

insert into EvalEmailProcessingData
(eauId,userId,groupId,emailTemplateId,evalId,evalDueDate) select
user.id as eauId,user.userId as userId,user.evalGroupId as groupId,
eval.availableEmailTemplate.id as emailTemplateId,eval.id as evalId,
eval.dueDate as evalDueDate from EvalAssignUser as user inner join
user.evaluation as eval where user.type = "evaluator" and
eval.startDate <= current_timestamp() and user.completedDate is null
and eval.availableEmailTemplate.type = "ConsolidatedAvailable" and
user.availableEmailSent is null and user.reminderEmailSent is null

eval.availableEmailTemplate.type = "ConsolidatedAvailable" is not
going to match b/c availableEmailTemplate is null.  Maybe someone UM
could comment.  I'm guessing this is a front end problem, maybe when
the consolidated options is selected its not somehow getting stored
correctly.  Although I would expect more people to have the problem if
that was the case.  But maybe not too many people use this feature.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Aaron Zeckoski <azeckoski at unicon.net> wrote:
> Null values in those evaluation fields should not be a problem. The
> system should default over to using the default templates when those
> are not set. I am not sure if the consolidated emails work that way or
> not as that code is separate but someone from UM can probably answer
> this.
>
> -AZ
>

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM, John Bush <john.bush at rsmart.com> wrote:
>> we are running eval sys 1.4 and noticing evaluations are having
>> trouble sending out consolidated emails.  I've traced the problem to
>> the fact that the templates are not being sent for the evaluation. The
>> AVAILABLE_EMAIL_TEMPLATE_FK REMINDER_EMAIL_TEMPLATE_FK columns are
>> NULL.  I see a few jira issue concerning some of this.  I'm wondering
>> if anyone else has had this this problem and whether its been
>> addressed.  We are using mysql.
>>
>> Before I dig in too far looking to see if this is something that has
>> already been fixed.
>>
>> --
>> John Bush
>> 602-490-0470