[Contrib: Evaluation System] Template visibility set by template's owner

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu Aug 1 05:14:18 PDT 2013

Hi everybody.

I have fixed in my local Evalsys what I think it's a bug, but it seems
that it could be a feature. I would be very grateful if somebody could
clarify this to me.

In Admin settings, template's visibility can be configured to be public,
private (only visible by template's owner) or configurable by owner.
This third case is what I have been testing and it doesn't work, as
users can't change visibility in their templates. Only admin user can
edit templates and set them as private or public.

This behaviour is in the code at ModifyTemplateProducer.java (1) and
EvalAuthoringServiceImpl.java (2). Current user is verified to be admin
user and in any other case, template's visibility can not be changed.

We think that this is a bug so I have fixed it removing the admin user
verification. Instead of this, I verify that current user is template's
owner to allow the visibility change.

My changes cause a fail in Evalsys tests (3), as admin user is
specifically tested to be the only one that can change visibility in
templates.

Please, could you tell me if I am missing something here? I think that
template's owner should be able to set this and I have a patch to change
this if you agree with me.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

1)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib//evaluation/trunk/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/evaluation/tool/producers/ModifyTemplateProducer.java
2)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib//evaluation/trunk/impl/src/java/org/sakaiproject/evaluation/logic/EvalAuthoringServiceImpl.java
3) Tests in error:
testSaveTemplate(org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalAuthoringServiceImplTest):
Only admins can set template (Template maint public) sharing to public
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.