[Contrib: Evaluation System] Question about email behavior

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 29 11:05:55 PDT 2012

Thanks for the response Rick!  I'm confused about when the 'Created' & 'Available' emails (screen shot below - note we have edited the default text for these notifications but they are the 1st 2 in the list) get sent out & if we have any control over that.   Here's what is confusing me specifically:

1)  In our testing, emails are not getting sent out to students when an evaluation becomes available.  I would expect the 'Available' email to be sent to students when the evaluation goes live.

2)  I am getting varied results for instructors being notified when the evaluation is created.  Before I changes some configurations the 'Created' template, instructors were getting an email when the evaluation was created.   Now that I have we set our configuration so instructors must participate in the evaluations above them in the hierarchy & they cannot add items to the evaluation, the notification seems to have stopped going out.

Is the new functionality to send admin notification email in 1.4?  I don't see it but it in our instance  but it could be useful for us too.

Thanks!

-Daphne

daphne at media.berkeley.edu
cell (510) 846-8237