[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluations and Ad-hoc Group Changes

Raad Al-Rawi Raad.Al-Rawi at admin.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 08:14:46 PST 2012

<snip>
> > Has anyone seen this issue before? I have tried searching the Sakai
> > JIRA but have not managed to find anything like this.
> >

> We have not directly encountered this but have seen similar problems. Marc
> here has done quite a bit of work ensuring that group members are counted
> correctly. In 1.3 the counting is all over the place. We have not yet had time
> to contribute these bug fixes and wont have time for a while I'm afraid.

Ok - well it's good to know one aspect of this has been recognised!

> I did know about the necessity to reassign in order to update the groups and
> this seems fairly sensible although it isn't very obvious that this needs to be
> done.

No, we didn't think so either - it would probably help if the groups (previously assigned) were pre-selected when you get back to the "assign survey to respondents" step. Perhaps this is a quick(ish) patch to stick on...?

> We also haven't experienced moving a user from one group to another.

Wow! I'm surprised - although I suppose it depends on your level of use - we typically have over 250 surveys across a 30-day period.
Come to think of it, I'm surprised we don't hit this more often =P

Worth raising a JIRA? WDYT?

Cheers

Raad