[Contrib: Evaluation System] Design review Wednesday August 22 @ 9:00 am pacific

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed Aug 22 14:36:03 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Daphne Ogle <daphne at media.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> My Evaluations
>
> a/ I guess we’d like the EN GB properties file to keep the old terminology
> “surveys awaiting release”, “completed surveys” etc
>
> We didn't change the terminology for those so I believe the EN GB files
> won't be affected.  Aaron - can you confirm?

We didn't touch any foreign translations.

> c/ surveys can have extension dates, I know these aren’t currently displayed
> but they could be
>
> Can you say more?  Does the extension just extend the due date?  Where would
> you like to see it?

I assume this is referring to the grace period. We don't display the
grace period because it is only there to allow people to submit late
is not really meant to shown to anyone.

> e/ what happens with public surveys where a percentage cannot be calculated
> for the response rate column.
>
> I'm not familiar with the public survey functionality.  Can you describe it?
> What happens now since that column already exists?

It works the same way it always has. We did not change that.

> g/ How do survey categories get displayed?
> (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1104) – we don’t use them but
> some may
>
> Ah - interesting.  I didn't even realize they existed.  Since we don't use
> them at Berkeley, I assume they'll just display in the same way they do now.
> Aaron - can you confirm?

It displays the same way it always has. We did not change it.

> k/ wont the dates column be a bit wide if the full names of months are used,
> currently we have 3 letter month abbreviations? Space could be saved be
> using shorted names.
>
> I don't think we've changed the display of the months so if it is currently
> showing 3 letters than it should stay the same. Aaron - can you confirm?

We did not change the date formatting.

-AZ