[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluations 1.4 Release Planning

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Wed Nov 2 13:28:50 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

   I'd like to start the process for a Evaluations 1.4 release. With a few minor exceptions, University of Michigan has completed implementing/merging changes we're targeting for the next release and are in the process of internally testing them. Sometime soon, I'd like to define when a reasonable date would be for a 1.4 feature freeze, branch and QA testing. UM plans on updating the http://qa5-us.sakaiproject.org server with the 1.4 branch and any ongoing tags along the way to a 1.4 release.

   I can send out a doodle poll for a t-con, but first I thought I'd poll the community to see what our mutual expectations might be for a 1.4 release. Ideally, I'd like to have a 1.4 release out by the end of the calendar year, but November has crept up on me suddenly (!), so I'm not sure if that conflicts with anyone else's expectations.

   1) Would a 1.4 feature freeze in the next couple weeks be too soon?
   2) What features/bugs are you currently working on (or planning on) for a Evaluations 1.4 release?

   Additionally, now would be a good time to review the test plans that were run for the Evaluations 1.3 release, and update them as needed for new functionality (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/Test+Plans).

Thanks!
- Beth