[Contrib: Evaluation System] Unable to add an evaluation as an Instructor

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 19 01:52:11 PDT 2011

I have a feeling that when we added the tool top our deployment, we had to set up permissions so an instructor could add an evaluation. This would be the eval.write.template and eval.assign.evaluation

Instructors cannot respond to an evaluation unless they are given the eval.take.evaluation permission. By default they will not have these. The exception is if the evaluation is assigned to an ad hoc group and not a site. Ad hoc groups do not have a role associated with their participants (or if they do then it is effectively a student role).

Re your second point. I don't really understand what you're asking. I don't think there is a "groups I can evaluate" link at the top of the page. Since I don't recognise the phrasing then I think it must be something to do with the hierarchy which I don't understand and which we dont use.

Also I have never seen a permissions link at the top of the evaluations screen (screen shot 1), I am only familiar with v 1.3 of the tool: are you running v 1.4? If so that may explain a lot of things. Also why do you have an Evaluations and an Evaluations System tool? IO have never heard of an Evaluations tool, only the Evaluations system.

I must say I am completely puzzled by your screenshots.

If you haven't seen our guide then take a look - I'm pretty sure it is the most comprehensive guide out there: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/content/group/info/step/surveys73.pdf

There's one huge 'feature' of the tool that makes the effective use of test plans neigh-on impossible and that is that the range of administrate options is vast and greatly affects what the tool can do and what users see on the screen. Our help guide is for one set of options only, change on administrate option and the whole test plan must change.

adam