[Contrib: Evaluation System] EVALSYS-916 and EVALSYS-1055

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Jan 6 10:10:12 PST 2011

Below is part of the text of a daily status message that is sent to everyone involved in monitoring performance of the evaluation tool.  This was from about three weeks ago, at the peak of the Fall semester eval period.  It indicates that emails were sent to 22,000 users in a little less than 90 minutes.  That is using the newer version of Dick's email notification code. I think this means that 22,177 separate emails were sent.  But it's possible that it was more or less than that, depending on how the messages were aggregated.  But I'm guessing this is approximately the same size job Maryland needs to process in a short amount of time.

Jim

Eval Email Status

Created: Dec 13, 2010 1:30:00 AM
A TQ email job was found:

The email took The email job took 5126.226 seconds to run. It kicked off at 01:30:00 AM and ended at 02:55:26 AM.

Announcements were sent.

Announcements took 1.173 seconds from 02:55:25 AM to 02:55:26 AM.
Announcements were sent to 2 groups.
Announcements were sent to 22 users.
Reminders were sent.

Reminders took 5124.619 seconds from 01:30:00 AM to 02:55:25 AM.
Reminders were sent to 8615 groups.
Reminders were sent to 22155 users.