[Contrib: Evaluation System] Questions about EVALSYS-1055

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Wed Jan 5 07:57:38 PST 2011

We are starting work on EVALSYS-1055.  We would like to talk through requirements with anybody who is using email notifications in evalsys and with anybody who wants to use email notifications.  Please "watch" the ticket if you are interested and I will post to the people who are listed there later today. Meanwhile, I'll mention here some of the issues that can be dealt with:

1) a simple admin page for controlling email notifications.
2) decisions about timing of announcements, reminders, etc (frequency, time of day, etc).
3) whether to send one email per student per evaluation or a single email per student listing all notifications for the day
4) control of batch jobs to avoid overloading the server(s) processing the emails

There are others, but that gives an idea.

Thanks.

Jim

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1055