[Contrib: Evaluation System] 1.3.x next (and final?) RC

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 08:00:02 PST 2011

Nicola and Rick

You have done some brilliant work there! Well done, I think the tool is really shaping up.

Since our last phone chat I have been through the outstanding EVALSYS bugs and pulled out what I believe to be issues that we should really address before cutting a final release. I have also discovered a couple of biggies which again, I think we should seriously consider fixing before releasing.

I have also looked through the other issues and have made some notes below.

EVALSYS-1081

Selecting "Allow users to choose whether to send an initial email notification when creating an survey (...) " on Administrate > Configure Email settings page causes an internal error during step 2 of survey setup.

* I have attached a stack trace for this. If anybody selects this option the tool will not work!

EVALSYS-1080

Caching issue with MSIE. It appears that question editing is not working but actually it's a caching issue.

* Is this a series of missing 'pragma no-cache' statements?

EVALSYS-1041

When the tool goes wrong a message appears saying that the "helpdesk has been informed" - this is not true. The helpdesk has not been informed. It should be a simple task to change the message so it does not contain a mistruth!

* Should be easy to fix (although we need to check for all languages)

EVALSYS-933

The link to My Scales should appear for people other than super admins.

* my scales appear to work just fine but the links to access the functionality are missing from the UI. I think this should be fixed as the links were present on a few random pages in 1.2. Sounds easy to fix (add a link) the tricky but is finding all pages where the link should go (however, it should just sit next to My Email Templates)

EVALSYS-896

Email message to survey creator gives results date = end date instead of extension date

* Now that extension dates are fixed (#895) then the email could be changed if it is easy to do.

Other bugs that are blockers
============================

BLOCKER EVALSYS-1000

Eval reopens without clicking on "Reopen and Save Settings" button.

* reporter Lovemore Nalube

BLOCKER EVALSYS-968

Preloading eval configuration is not working.

* reporter Lovemore Nalube

Patches exist but still to be applied
=====================================

EVALSYS-875 / EVALSYS-744

Adhoc groups show EID rather than displayId

EVALSYS-895

taking survey after end date but before extension date gives error

EVALSYS-1061

Display login screen when a login is needed to see results.

* Nicola mentions this but it is still unresolved in Jira & no there is comment about being applied to 1.3

EVALSYS-1062

Manual evaluation reminder doesn't work.

EVALSYS-1072

PDF Report shows response rate of entire evaluation, rather than selected groups

* Nicola mentions this but it is still unresolved in Jira; it appears to have been committed to trunk but not 1.3

Patches that have been applied but which aren't yet set to resolved

EVALSYS-1056

Ad hoc groups - display of recipients with no corresponding user account is very poor as EIDs are exposed in the UI

EVALSYS-1019

envelope icon missing in MSIE 7 & 8

EVALSYS-1049

The 'Notifications and Reminders' label in the Survey reminders section on the Survey settings page is erroneous; it should just say "Reminders"

EVALSYS-980

view results page is missing 'pragma no-cache'. This manifests in people seeing a "results not available" page when the results are available.

Other issues

EVALSYS-870 / EVALSYS-994 - Rick could not recreate this so believes it may have been fixed already.

* I cannot check this as http://qa5-us.sakaiproject.org/portal is offline

Adam