[Contrib: Evaluation System] survey reminders - what was the original intention?

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Mon Nov 1 02:20:31 PDT 2010

Hi

The ability to change the global email option is in trunk as a Yes/No option (checkbox). In our UCT branch we have extended the functionality to be a drop-down option with Yes/No/Configurable. This is not yet in trunk (see: http://issues.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-726). Perhaps the time has come to merge this into trunk?

Currently, in trunk, the global option in Email Settings is called: "Allow users to choose whether to send an initial email notification when creating an evaluation (otherwise an email notification will always be sent when the evaluation opens)"  The wording may not effectively resonate with the label in Evaluation Settings as much as "Send notification email the day the survey goes live" would.

Since this is not new feature, rather an expansion of functionality let me know if I can merge this into trunk.

Thanks

:)

--
Lovemore Nalube
OLE Developer (Vula)

>>> On 10/30/2010 at 9:25 AM, in message <4CCBE4880200001000063BFB at gwiasmtp.uct.ac.za>, "Stephen Marquard" <stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za> wrote:

This functionality is in the UCT branch - I'm not sure right now if it's in trunk - if not, it's probably on the "to-be-reviewed prior to merge" list for trunk.

Regards
Stephen

--
Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk> 10/29/2010 5:48 PM >>>
thanks Aaron

I will look even harder for such an option. initially I thought, like you, there would be a checkbox but couldn’t find it hence the email.

If I cant figure it out I'll create a Jira and maybe we will get around to adding the missing functionality.

adam

| > |
| > | I believe UM added an option for this which is controllable by a
| > | system setting. It would appear someone forgot to hide the text
| along
| > | with hiding the checkbox but that's just a guess.
| > |
| > | -AZ
| >
| > Are you saying you think there is a system flag but no checkbox in
| the user interface? Could you explain further? I don’t really
| understand what you're saying above.
| >
| > Who would be the best person to speak to at UM about this?
| >
| > adam

| > |
| > |
| up
| > | email.)

| > | there is the following text:

| the
| > | day the survey opens. View and edit the notification email The
| default
| > | email is designed for surveys to evaluate student courses and may
| not
| > | be appropriate for other kinds of surveys.

| is
| > | rendered in such a way as it looks like it should be controlled by
| an
| > | administration setting. (A comparable example would be: "Lecturers
| opt-
| > | in settings Lecturers must be surveyed" - this is set via the
| > | Administrate screen and cannot be changed by users.)

| > | live" there is no corresponding option on the "Control Email"
| screen
| > | within the administrator settings.

| > | administrator can either force or leave up to the user to decide
| but
| > | the desired functionality was never added due to lack of time?

| > | Control Email screen which looks like

| ()
| > | Configurable () Never

| > | the end user:

| Yes
| > | () No

| > | never be sent.

| survey
| > | but not send an initial message.

| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | Aaron Zeckoski - Software Engineer - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile
| >

| --
| Aaron Zeckoski - Software Engineer - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###

###