[Contrib: Evaluation System] my scales & non super admins

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Wed May 19 03:02:20 PDT 2010

Hi Adam

>From the latest trunk it looks like a normal user can see the 'My Scales' link on the initial summary page. Any other page does not seem to render this link.

I think the problem here is that all pages handle rendering the navigation menu individually. It therefore becomes possible that some security/global settings checks may not exist in some pages. What we need is for every view producer to call in a single navigation renderer.

What do you think?

--
Lovemore Nalube
OLE Developer (Vula)

>>> On 5/19/2010 at 11:21 AM, in message <81A004D491120B4C97518A220DBCD0E327CEF8905C at EXMBX05.ad.oak.ox.ac.uk>, Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

Is there a good reason why the 'my scales' link isn't avaliable to normal users. It seems to be written in such a way that it should be like that - ie, you can add a scale but keep it private.

Is this a bug?

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###