[Contrib: Evaluation System] Notifications "from" address

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Thu May 13 08:38:49 PDT 2010

That JIRA says this:
    *  The problem:
      When course administrators create a survey at this moment, the
default email address for replying to, is camtools at caret.cam.ac.uk.
(cf. screenshot). A lot of administrators don't change this address
and that means there are a lot of Helpdesk issues coming in from
students asking their lecturer some questions concerning that survey
(because they click the 'reply' button).
      This means we always have to search for the lecturers' address
to forward that email to them. It would be much more helpful if it
would be send to them right away. However, we don't want the CamTools
address excluded because it should still be possible to contact us
right away when they're having problems.

    * How it should be:

    * Possibility1: The camtools address shouldn't be the only default
address, because it isn't camtools who created that survey, but the
administrator created it.
      Now, when administrators are creating a survey, there's a box
with the camtools address in it (cf. screenshot). This should be
changed into a list of boxes. These boxes show the survey
administrators (these addresses should be set automatically). Below
that list, also the camtools adress is listed.
      By default, none of these addresses is ticked, but they need to
tick at least one address. When they tick an address, the red cross
changes into a green tick. When they click 'next' if they haven't
ticked an address, there should be a message telling them they have to
tick at least one address.
      (Cf. screenshot 'list of addresses': How this would look like).

    * Possibility2: There's always an email send out to the recipients
to take the survey. When the students have problems with the survey
(e.g. not a member of the course etc), they usually click the 'reply'
button but then this is send to us while it should be send to the
administrators.
      To avoid this, we can make a note in that same email that they
can send an email to their administrator (and then also telling what
that address is, so this should also happen automatically), or if it's
needed, they can also send an email to the Helpdesk (and then also
including the camtools address.) Maybe the default address is then set
as the administrators' address.

Hope that clarifies things a little.
-AZ

Aaron Zeckoski - Software Engineer - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile