[Contrib: Evaluation System] Question about EvalSys

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 14 02:09:04 PDT 2010

I would love to listen in but will be unable to due to the time. Will there be any sort of audio record of the meeting?

In addition I'd like to say that we have some resources to "spend" on the evaluations tool (I think we'll be using a consultant to do some work).

We're keen to fix outstanding bugs but we'd like to be sure that we're not spending money on bugs that have been fixed but just havent been contributed back yet.

One thing I'd request from the meeting (if I'm allowed to do that) is that a timetable be drawn up for instuitutions to commit their local changes. That could then inform us of a good time to start knocking of the remaining "big" issues.

Another thing that it would be good to get an opinion on is http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-888 We've recently uncommented the code mentioned in Lovemore's comment on 12 May and this does the trick.

If nothing else, it would be good to get and agreement about whether to permanenetly uncomment the code or whether to introduce a configuration property which states whether to ignore the previously commented code or not.

We would not want to commit to managing the merge or testing but we would definitelty like to be part of the QA process.

adam