[Contrib: Evaluation System] Updating evals to build against 2.6

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Jul 29 04:21:19 PDT 2010

Hi all,

There was some previous discussion on-list about updating evaluations to build against Sakai 2.6 rather than 2.5.

There is a functional requirement for this for sites running evals in 2.6 or later which is described in http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-984. So far the only known solution is to build evals against 2.6 rather than 2.5 (pom updates).

So unless anyone knows of another solution to EVALSYS-984 or there's some type of pom profile fix, we have a situation where the same poms cannot be used for both 2.5 and 2.6, putting the burden on one or another group to adjust them locally (or maintain a local branch).

In my view the right thing to do here is to update them to build against 2.6 by default, and place the burden on changing poms on sites running older code, as 2.5 is no longer a supported Sakai release, and there are more sites running evals with 2.6 than 2.5 (c/f http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/Adopters).

So far it seems only UMD and Georgia Tech would be negatively affected by this (to the extent of needing to maintain local pom patches or a local branch), all other sites would benefit.

Please give your opinion (and/or any alternate suggestions) so we can resolve the issue.

Regards
Stephen

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###