[Contrib: Evaluation System] 1.3 QA Effort bookkeeping note

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Mon Jul 26 09:11:24 PDT 2010

From Stephen's much-appreciated ticket blitz last week, I was reminded of a small bookkeeping item: If our fabulous testers notice that some JIRA is present in 1.3.0-RC1, they then appropriately tag it as 'Affects Version'=1.3.0-RC1.

However, if the issue then gets fixed, and committed back to trunk and 1.3.x, then what should it's 'Fix Version' be? 1.3.0-RC1 isn't appropriate, because that's a tag - stable and unchanging. In line with my understanding of current Sakai practices, I've created a 1.3.0 version, which I feel is the appropriate version to use.

There is a older version called '1.3 Hierarchy', which I feel may be imprecise and also may over-promise what 1.3.0 will deliver, although it may have been a good project-planning tool in the early stages of EvalSys's development.

Thoughts?

- Nicola