[Contrib: Evaluation System] Two new features

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Mon Jul 19 13:24:42 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone

In June, Stephen Marquard sent an email out to the list detailing two features that UCT would like to have in Course Evaluations (http://tinyurl.com/2upps2z). These were:
Email Confirmation of Submission http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-765
Allow free-text questions to be made compulsory http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-951
There was consensus from the community and talk on how best to implements these tickets. This was the final spec:
Email Confirmation of Submission: By Default this setting of OFF. When on, email template is configurable per evaluation,
Allow free-text questions to be made compulsory: By default this setting must be OFF. Setting can be ON globally or CONFIGURABLE on a per-valuation bases.
Most of the email submission work was already done by UM and we just made it configurable.

The patches for trunk have been attached to the respective Jiras. Please comment and review the code.

Thanks

--
Lovemore Nalube
OLE Developer (Vula)

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###