[Contrib: Evaluation System] Top 10 things people are asking for

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 5 02:07:42 PDT 2010

I'd like a permissions helper.

| 2. We would also like to know if there is any easy way to bulk-publish
| a bunch of evaluations at one time, or if we have to publish them class
| by class.
| 3. We would also like to know whether Eval Sys automatically tabulates
| numerical average (Strongly Agree = 4, Agree = 3, Neutral = 2, Disagree
| = 1, Strongly Disagree = 0).

No - if I remember correctly it stores the textual version of the resonse (not the numeric equivalent). If you make the responses 4,3,2,1,0 and give a ket in the question (or elsewhere) then you should be able to do this.

| 4.  partial anonymity: where you can see who hasn't yet responded to a
| survey via the web interface

You can - we spent ages trying to figure this one out and then one day stumbled upon howe to do it (and it's actually really obvious) - just click on the "response rate" column entry (eg, 45/67). You set how many people must have responded first in the Administrate interface  - so long as more that this number have answered you can see the names. You can also send a message to those that havent but in te version we're running this is broken.

| 5.  permissions helper

Yes yes!

| 6.  QTI 1.x import

We looked at this but the Michigan XML import work is of no use and have decided against doing anything as it's too big a task.

| 7. Better information about configuration

Confluence has useful info - I will also help if you ask specific questions. It's a minefield wehich we've been picking our way through for 6 months now!

adam