[Contrib: Evaluation System] Question about EvalEvaluation properties

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Tue Feb 23 10:05:36 PST 2010

Those both sound fine to me. I added in that field to allow for
tracking purposes so it seems fine to use for that. Also, UMD had a
similar need for a field so I think adding one for your own uses is
fine as it could be usable to others as well.
-AZ

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Jim Eng <jimeng at umich.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> We have been asked to provide a way to select rows from the EVAL_EVALUATION,
> EVAL_RESPONSE and EVAL_ANSWER tables based on the term-id and a local
> selector indicating a locally defined category of evaluation.  We have two
> questions about this work.
> 1) We found that there is already a "TERM_ID" column in the EVAL_EVALUATION
> table, which corresponds to the termId field of an EvalEvaluation.  It seems
> that this field is never set and never accessed in the trunk code, other
> than in import logic used only at Michigan.  This field seems to match our
> need perfectly unless it is already being used by someone else for some
> conflicting purpose that would cause a problem later.  So the question is
> this: Is anybody using the "termId" property in your current mods to the
> EVALSYS code?  If so, can you give us a little info about how you use it?
> 2) We would like to add a String field named "localSelector" in the
> EvalEvaluation class (along with appropriate setter and getter methods),
> which would map to a new column named "LOCAL_SELECTOR" in the
> EVAL_EVALUATION table. The property would be defined as follows:
>    /**
> * Optional field never used by EVALSYS code. May be used to mark records for
> bulk actions.
> * For example, an import operation might set a value that will be persisted
> and can be used
> * later to select records for export, deletion, etc.  Maximum length is 80
> characters.
> */
>    public String localSelector;
> And the hibernate mapping would be defined as follows:
>         <property name="localSelector" type="java.lang.String">
>         <column name="LOCAL_SELECTOR" length="255" />
>         </property>
> Can anybody see any problem with this?
> Thanks.
> Jim

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile