[Contrib: Evaluation System] Hierarchy working as expected?

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Fri Feb 19 10:28:26 PST 2010

Hi All -

I've seen that there are some schools on this list using hierarchy, so I thought I'd throw my question out there as we're currently trying to get it set up.

I'm running a checkout of trunk of the evaluation system, but we're seeing a perplexing problem. When attempting to add groups/sites to a hierarchy node, it appears that only sites that have the sakai admin user enrolled are available to add.

This happens on Sakai 2.6.x and Sakai 2.7/trunk. It happens if you are logged in as admin or as a user that has admin powers. The course sites have the correct evalsys permissions in their realms, so I'm a little confused... is this by design? How do other schools use hierarchy? Is the admin user assigned to all your sites?

Thanks,

Nicola Monat-Jacobs
The Longsight Group
nicola at longsight.com