[Contrib: Evaluation System] limit on number of questions?

Ellen Yu Borkowski eyb at umd.edu
Wed Feb 17 08:29:36 PST 2010

Adam

Is this person trying to just add question 71 to the template or are they trying to add it to a group?  I've only had this happen to me when I tried to add more questions to a question block than I had defined in the settings (i.e. I had the setting set at 10 so when I tried to add question 11 to that block it didn't work).

Ellen

On Feb 17, 2010, at 10:02 AM, Adam Marshall wrote:

> Bug report from user. Does this sound familiar? Is it a known bug?
>
> adam
>
> =========================
>
> I created the first 71 questions in the normal way, with no problems.
>
> When I tried to save Q.72, the pop-up screen seemed to freeze. The spiral
> icon next to the Save button stopped turning, and the question pop-up did
> not close. I had to close it manually by clicking the red X. The question
> did not appear in the questionnaire template I was working on.
>
> I tried to create several more questions, with the same result, even after
> deleting one from the beginning of the survey.
>
> After receiving your message I went back and tried to create what was now
> Q.71. It still didn't appear on the template but I decided to refresh the
> page to allow your update to take effect. I went back to the list of
> templates, then selected mine again (PPE Finalists' Questionnaire 2010).
> This time all the questions I had created but apparently been unable to
> save were visible in the template. I deleted the excess questions then
> carried on creating new ones. Once again the Save button seemed to stick
> and I had to close them by clicking the cross.
>
> I carried on in this way to create the remaining 3 questions, clicking
> Save then the red cross, going back to the list of templates, selecting my
> current survey, and then finding the questions included in the list. I
> have checked the Preview and they all look fine.
>
> It still seems odd, not to mention annoying, that the questions can no
> longer be saved in the usual way. I hope you can work out what is going
> on!

---
Ellen Yu Borkowski
Director, Academic Support