[Contrib: Evaluation System] limit on number of questions?

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 07:02:17 PST 2010

Bug report from user. Does this sound familiar? Is it a known bug?

adam

=========================

I created the first 71 questions in the normal way, with no problems.

When I tried to save Q.72, the pop-up screen seemed to freeze. The spiral
icon next to the Save button stopped turning, and the question pop-up did
not close. I had to close it manually by clicking the red X. The question
did not appear in the questionnaire template I was working on.

I tried to create several more questions, with the same result, even after
deleting one from the beginning of the survey.

After receiving your message I went back and tried to create what was now
Q.71. It still didn't appear on the template but I decided to refresh the
page to allow your update to take effect. I went back to the list of
templates, then selected mine again (PPE Finalists' Questionnaire 2010).
This time all the questions I had created but apparently been unable to
save were visible in the template. I deleted the excess questions then
carried on creating new ones. Once again the Save button seemed to stick
and I had to close them by clicking the cross.

I carried on in this way to create the remaining 3 questions, clicking
Save then the red cross, going back to the list of templates, selecting my
current survey, and then finding the questions included in the list. I
have checked the Preview and they all look fine.

It still seems odd, not to mention annoying, that the questions can no
longer be saved in the usual way. I hope you can work out what is going
on!