[Contrib: Evaluation System] template visibility woes

Sean DeMonner demonner at umich.edu
Fri Feb 12 10:09:08 PST 2010

Aaron and/or Dick might be able to shed more technical light on this problem, but we had a similar situation in the past where EVALSYS tool setting changes made on one app server in the cluster were not immediately reflected on the other app servers. IIRC there were some changes made to the entity broker to correct this, but in the short term we needed to manually change values on all servers in the cluster.

SMD.

On Feb 12, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Adam Marshall wrote:

> I want to make it so evaluation template visibility can be set by the owner.
>
> As a super admin I use the 'administer' page to set the visibility so it can be chosen by owner. I press save and reset cache for good measure.
>
> We have a cluster with 2 nodes, on one node logged in as a non-super admin when I create a new template I see " Public - visible to anyone, editable by any admin" on the other node as same user I see " Private - visible and editable by you only" neither of which are the option I chose on the administer screen.
>
> What is going on?
>
> Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the administrate screen? Does it not change the default values for all users?
>
> adam

Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765