[Contrib: Evaluation System] ADA compliance and EVALSYS

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Tue Aug 24 07:16:10 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Silverio, Gonzalo <gsilver at umich.edu> wrote:
> 2) Most of EVALSYS radio groupings rely on the superimposition of a "real" group over a "fake" group. Not sure why this is, but this would need to be addressed as well. The fake one needs to be made invisible to screen readers.

That was done to correct issues with Safari and webkit rendering (they
did not space out the radio buttons correctly) back in.... 2005 or
2006 I think. In other words, it is probably no longer required but at
the time this hack was the only way to do it (I got the solution from
some site like quirksmode though I don't recall exactly anymore).

:-)
-AZ