[Contrib: Evaluation System] Import/export of ItemGroup objects?

Ellis, Richard rwellis at umich.edu
Tue Sep 8 12:42:40 PDT 2009

If I understand...

I think any entity added to the import should have an EID field, which might be null but otherwise would map to a data element on an external system.

If U-M decided in the future to use ItemGroup, it would be imported from an evaluation order system on the administrative mainframe. The only way to connect the order system data with data in the Sakai database is through an EID, because Hibernate creates an entity id that is not know to the order system. Hibernate also creates

>the link between Item and ItemGroup is ITEM.IG_ITEM_ID

but the connection of entities in the import data would need to be through EIDs in order to create the objects that Hibernate then persists with those id links.

Dick