[Contrib: Evaluation System] XML Import of Evaluation data

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Fri Sep 4 07:29:59 PDT 2009

Hi Rick,

I am working on a confluence page that describes the format that has
been developed at Michigan.  It includes templates and template items,
as well as scales, evaluations and email templates.  I have posted a
piece Dick wrote that documents some of the info.  The document (http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/Hw-tAw
) is very much a draft at this point.  I will try to get something
written that describes the file format in more of a top-down
approach.  And I will try to post some sample files.

After our call yesterday, Dick mentioned that the Import feature is
marked as a Michigan-only feature.  That suggests that it would be OK
for us to bring it up to date (in synch with Dick's latest work on it)
and then use trunk as a starting point for discussion about whether it
will satisfy other institutions' needs and how it can be improved.
Thoughts?

Jim