[Contrib: Evaluation System] XML Import of Evaluation data

Richard C. Moyer II rmoyer at umd.edu
Fri Sep 4 06:04:48 PDT 2009

Jim,
	I've taken the PreloadDataImpl and started customizing it for UMD, it's not in XML, but XML is the way to go.
Here's just a few line of code of what I'm doing.

Scales....
         // UMD specific scales -- RCM
          umdAppropriate = saveScale("UMD-Appropriate", EvalConstants.SCALE_IDEAL_HIGH,
           		new String[] {"Too Low", "Appropriate", "Too High" });

items....  I'm creating these as expert at the various levels at UMD (univ, college, dept, ...)  I like how expert items group questions, easier for building templates.

          // UMD Questions..
            EvalItemGroup newCategory = saveCategoryGroup("UMD UnivWide", "University wide questions", null);
            itemSet.add( saveScaledExpertItem("How does this course fit into your academic plan or course of study?", null, null, umdCourseOfStudy, false, 0,
            		EvalConstants.ITEM_SCALE_DISPLAY_STEPPED, EvalConstants.ITEM_CATEGORY_COURSE) );
            saveObjectiveGroup("Course", "University Course wide Questions", itemSet, newCategory);

But if the templates are loaded via XML as well, do we need to load individual items? Or are the items loaded as part of the template?

Haven't looked at template loading yet....

Thanks,
Rick