[Contrib: Evaluation System] Getting an active evaluation data from outside of the evaluation tool within sakai

Richard C. Moyer II rmoyer at umd.edu
Thu Nov 19 07:42:38 PST 2009

I've been working on a sakai tool which will load data from UMD SIS for Eval providers, building the hierarchy, etc..

I would like to prevent any updates or running of jobs, when there is an active evaluation.

I call  evaluationSetupService.getVisibleEvaluationsForUser ("admin", false, false, false);

However when I start tomcat I get a circular dependency error..

Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalCommonLogic':
 Bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalCommonLogic' has been injected into other beans [org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalEvaluati
onSetupService, org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.externals.EvalSecurityChecks, org.sakaiproject.evaluation.beans.EvalBeanUtils, org.sakaiproject.eval
uation.logic.EvalJobLogic, org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalEmailsLogic, org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalAuthoringService] in its raw versi
on as part of a circular reference, but has eventually been wrapped (for example as part of auto-proxy creation). This means that said other beans do
not use the final version of the bean. This is often the result of over-eager type matching - consider using 'getBeanNamesOfType' with the 'allowEager
Init' flag turned off, for example.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:429)

I'm wondering how best to proceed?

Do I have a maven, tomcat issue?

Should I write an UMD eval module, to retrieve the active evaluations and place it within the eval tool?

Thoughts / ideas ...

Thanks
Rick