[Contrib: Evaluation System] Changes in trunk need to preserve default behavior

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Tue Nov 3 01:42:07 PST 2009

Hi Everyone

The recent UM merges to trunk made some changes to the admin settings of CE which by default do not preserve the 'normal' behavior of the tool. I speak in particular of the setting to hide some of the tools' menu items (http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-787).

It's rather shocking to find that all the menu items disappear when updating to trunk. I had to then search and hope to find what was 'wrong'

I would like to suggest that changes like these preserve the default workings of the tool and eval admins can then toggle them whenever.

Can I reopen the Jira? What do guys think about this?

--
Lovemore Nalube
Online Learning Environments Developer (Vula)

/* Work Email: lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
/* Cell: 076 186 1244
/* GTalk: lovenalube at gmail.com