[Contrib: Evaluation System] Questions about some new settings

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Jul 21 00:17:55 PDT 2009

Hi Ellen,

The Instructor/Assistant selections allow an evaluation to be configured in such a way that respondents complete the Instructor questions for (a) all instructors, (b) one instructor selected by the respondent, (c) one or many instructors selected by the respondent, and ditto for TAs. It allows you to have say 20 TAs in an evaluation, but each respondent only chooses one.

The 'compulsory' option allows you to make individual questions compulsory (if the 'all questions compulsory' setting is not on).

Regards
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290
>>> Ellen Yu Borkowski <eyb at umd.edu> 7/20/2009 9:18 PM >>>
Hi everyone,

We're beginning our testing at Maryland of the latest code in
preparation for beginning work on new functionality we need at
Maryland.  I am testing app version 1.2.2-RC3 - SVN: Revision 60069
and have the following questions:

In the Institution specific settings, what does "Enable Instructor/
Assistant Selections for grouping instructor related items (UCT)" do?
And, when adding an item, what does the check box "compulsory" do?

Thanks.

Ellen
---
Ellen Yu Borkowski