[Contrib: Evaluation System] Stable version to deploy

Sean DeMonner demonner at umich.edu
Tue Dec 22 04:37:27 PST 2009

There are some U-M specific things that we know other people want and
that we're trying to get back to trunk ASAP (e.g. the single email
per student, submission confirmation receipt), but the timing is not
yet clear due to resource contention. Some have already been merged,
but others remain to be done. We're starting to scope out the next
phase of local development now (which will run through March
probably) so we may have a better sense of the merge timeline when
that's done.

SMD.

On Dec 22, 2009, at 7:34 AM, Matthew Buckett wrote:

> 2009/12/22 Sean DeMonner <demonner at umich.edu>:
>> Matthew,
>> I don't know for certain, but many of the check-ins you're seeing are
>> probably from the U-M folks merging their changes back to trunk.
>> Over the
>> past six months we've had several meetings to review and discuss
>> this work.
>> A list of items may be found here:
>> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/Proposed+merges
>> +from+UMICH+branch+to+trunk
>> We just finished our Fall deployment of EVALSYS and things went
>> smoothly, so
>> I would expect the merge discussions to start up again early next
>> year.
>
> We're looking to deploy a version after new year. Would you recommend
> deploying the umich branch, or does it have U-M specific things in it
> or features that won't make it back into trunk?
>
> --
>   Matthew Buckett
>   VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services

Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765