[Contrib: Evaluation System] EVALSYS Merge Process & Plan

Sean DeMonner demonner at umich.edu
Fri Aug 28 11:19:47 PDT 2009

Sakai EVALSYS Users,

This week there has been some off-list discussion about efforts to
merge changes from a local branch (specifically the U-M branch) back
to the 2.6 EVALSYS trunk and how that work should be orchestrated
with the rest of the community. Branch management was a topic at the
Boston conference BoF where we agreed that regular meetings
(monthly?) would be desirable in order to coordinate the work
occurring at the disparate institutions. This email is an attempt to
schedule the first of those technical meetings.

Please indicate at the following Doodle poll your availability to
attend a conference call:

	http://doodle.com/ckzgz3rhwshafhxq

I will send out a meeting confirmation next week once we have a
critical mass that can settle on a time. There is some urgency around
this effort for all of us (not just U-M), so please plan to attend if
possible.

---------------------
Proposed Agenda:

0. Context and Boston follow-up
	http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/3ADNAw

1. Review of proposed U-M merges (see excerpt of earlier message from
Jim Eng below; please *preview* the proposed changes before the meeting)
	- http://tinyurl.com/nv62l2 (screencast of U-M changes for context)

2. Pending merges from other institutions

3. Next steps:
	- next technical/merge coordination meeting
	- progress on product/project management  coordination effort?

Thanks.

SMD.

Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765
Pub Key 24DD6B09