[cle-release-team] KNL fixVersions fixed

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Mar 7 11:24:49 PST 2014

Thanks. Responses below.

> Sam Ottenhoff <mailto:ottenhoff at longsight.com>
> March 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM
> I'm seeing anomalies.
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel
>
> I see 10.0-qa03 but no versions for qa01, qa02.
This is intentional if you mean that you cannot set affects version or
fix version to qa01 or qa02. I archived the versions for qa01 and qa02
specifically so that they cannot be assigned to affects version or fix
version. I thought that was our Sakai core team decision? I can easily
unarchive either one temporarily so that issues can be adjusted, if
necessary, but I think that should only be temporary if needed on a
particular issue or two.
> Shouldn't there be a qa04 version for the branch merger to use?  The
> SAK version has a qa04 version, so KNL, SAM, POLLS, PRFL all need the
> same version.
Yes, I agree. All Sakai projects should have a q04 version. When qa04 is
released then I need to add a qa05 version to all Sakai projects. I was
sure that I added qa04 to KNL. Indeed it was not there when I just
looked, so I re-added it. The other Sakai projects look like they do
have qa04 already, as expected.

> I thought we didn't want a version of "10.0 [tentative]" without a
> specific tag.
Yes, I agree. No issues should have "10.0 [tentative]" as a fix version.
There are Resolved issues that have "10.0 [tentative]" as an affects
version, but only resolved issues. There should not be any unresolved
issues (resolution = unresolved) using "10.0 [tentative]" for the
affects version. I assumed that since they are resolved and we have a
fix version, that the affects version really doesn't matter any more. I
think it will be flipped to affects version of 10.0 when we release?

> I now see merge versions for 10, 2.9, 2.8, 1.3, and 1.2.  Argh!!!
I don't see this for KNL.  And I don't see merge versions for 2.9 and
2.8 in KNL. I looked both in the versions administrative area and in the
search box. What are the steps you use to see these versions?

> Sakai 2.9 uses Kernel 1.3.
>
> Sakai 2.8 uses Kernel 1.2.
Yes, I know. I frequently refer to the POMs to make sure that I get this
right.

> So these are redundant.
They would be, yes, but I don't see them.
>  I assume someone added 2.9 and 2.8 merge versions recently.  These
> should be deleted.
This brings up a question. I believe different people are maybe adding
and deleting versions to help out, which is cool. The problem is
accountability. Personally I think I should be accountable. But if I am
to be accountable, I need to be the point person for all the version
changes. By point person, I mean that if others make changes, they
should check with me first, and mostly, I probably should be making the
changes.

neal.caidin at apereo.org