[cle-release-team] Release pre-announcement of QA03

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Feb 21 19:53:40 PST 2014

Pre-release announcement of Sakai 10-QA03. QA03 was on the schedule for
January 31st at Apereo Camp. There were some infrastructure and blockers
that delayed this release which was cut tonight, February 21st, about 3
weeks after the planned date. Thanks for all the help over these last weeks
for everyone involved to get us to this point. A lot of great stuff got
done including making the actual 10.x branches of each tool and getting in
planned contrib projects and new features.

There are still blockers for Sakai 10 RC, but strings should officially be
frozen and any features at this point should have minimal impact and
actually require going though a branch manager to get into the release.

For this process I'm still just building the binary from the tag (instead
of trunk now), then creating a tag in sakai/tags with fixed revision
numbers rather than tagging each individual sub-module and setting a fixed
version. For the RC and final we'll have to discuss if there's any value to
having a better process and how much time that would take. I've always felt
there would be value to releasing the api's, which would be much less than
we previously released. That's something for a future meeting.

Anyway, Neal will send out a wider announcement and update jira. Mark new
issues as affecting this version.

I have built a Sakai 10-QA03 binary (~550MB)

Link to Bin:
*https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa03-306297.tar.gz
<https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa03-306297.tar.gz>*

MD5:
*https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa03-306297.tar.gz.MD5
<https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa03-306297.tar.gz.MD5>*

And created a source tag (It points to externals as of around 10:30PM EST
2014-02-21)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-10-qa03

I'm running with all the properties enabled in local.properties mentioned
on the MOTD and is started on.
https://qa10.longsight.com/ logs at https://qa10.longsight.com/logs/