[cle-release-team] Sakai Trunk in Transition

Kirschner, Beth bkirschn at umich.edu
Thu Feb 13 06:26:54 PST 2014

Thanks Matt! Here's a followup on what's left. I'd like to discuss at the 10:00am call.

There are a total of 5 repos to be moved from contrib -> core. Three of these (roster2, signup, delegatedaccess) were dumped cleanly without error. Greg & I are continuing to load these into core this morning.

The remaining 2 (hierarchy & external-calendaring-service), did not dump cleanly, due to having their svn paths changed over time. I've tried two different svndumpfilter commands: the one from yesterday, which failed, and another today that generated these warnings:

WARNING 0x0000: The range of revisions dumped contained references to copy sources outside that range.
WARNING 0x0001: The range of revisions dumped contained mergeinfo which reference revisions outside that range.

I propose that we just copy and commit the hierarchy & external-calendaring-service projects directly into core svn. This will not retain the svn history, but will avoid the risk of having the load fail and 30,000+ "empty revisions" left in the repository *(since svn does not apparently clean up nicely after a failed load). I'll be on the 10am calll to discuss.

Thoughts?
- Beth