[cle-release-team] [Jira process] When to close an issue

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Jun 25 05:35:46 PDT 2013

Something that I didn't consider when closing issues is that while the
issue may be fixed, verified and merged into 2.9.x , maybe it should not be
closed until the 2.8.x merge is complete as well (assuming that there is a
2.8.x merge flag set) ?

Steve Swinsburg brought this to my attention on one issue.

I just ran a query and notice 28 issues which are closed but the 2.8.x
merge flag is set and not yet resolved. I'm guessing this mostly happens
when I do those "bulk closes", because then I don't see those nuances.

Here is the query to capture current closed issues with unresolved 2.8.x
merge flag  - status = Closed and "2.8.x Status" = merge

What do you think?

Thanks,

Neal Caidin
CLE Community Coordinator