[cle-release-team] Fwd: Samigo applet certificate

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Feb 5 15:41:00 PST 2013

WAMI should essentially be a drop-in flash replacement for that recorderjs.
https://code.google.com/p/wami-recorder/

Both output to .wav format, which we could then play in html5 with jplayer (
http://www.jplayer.org/) which is much more supported.

I know that Safari and IE (being packaged with the OS) are still the most
popular browsers respectively on their platforms, so supporting those
minimally seems pretty important for the short term.

This already has an existing ticket (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1709) which I assigned you to and
started progress on. ;)

It's also disappointing that IE10 (at least platform preview) doesn't
support this. Maybe IE11, at least they're thinking about it!
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2012/03/16/media-capture-prototype-improved-support-for-real-world-web-apps.aspx