[cle-release-team] Draft announcement for CLE 2.9.3

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Aug 19 06:27:11 PDT 2013

[CLE release team]

Here is my draft, non-technical announcement of the CLE 2.9.3 release.  We will also be sending out a separate message for how to download the latest version which will go to Dev, QA, and Prod.  This announcement is intended for the whole community - Announcements, Sakai-user, etc.

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce, on behalf of the community, the release of Sakai CLE 2.9.3 . Sakai CLE 2.9.3 builds on the previous Sakai 2.9.x releases and includes significant improvements including, but not limited to, the following:

* AntiSamy - better security infrastructure.  AntiSamy was added in CLE 2.9.2,  and now turned on by default in 2.9.3. AntiSamy helps prevent malicious HTML/CSS/Javascript code from causing problems with your system

* Online Help - continued updates to the online help documentation

* Gradebook API bug fix - affects the Lessons tool, and some Contrib tools (like Mneme and JForum) that in some cases prevents students from seeing the grades assigned from these tools and does not include these grades in the course grade calculation

* Translations - improved coverage for select languages

* Samigo (Test and Quizzes) - fixed error correction flaw for Fill-in-the-blank question types.

* Lessons tool improvements - including better handling, and license compliance, of multimedia files; uses AntiSamy security infrastructure by default (see above); improved utilization of Sakai Groups capability

Over 100 fixes are included for this release.

Complete release notes at - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.9+release+notes

Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
neal.caidin at apereo.org