[cle-release-team] Maven inconsistencies

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Apr 30 11:55:14 PDT 2013

Everything is released by the maven release plugin. It only updates the
versions of poms that maven processes.

maven release:prepare, maven:release:preform.

Many of these inconsistencies noticed are because the modules aren't
actually part of any pom base pom or are included via alternate profiles. I
don't know why, but in the most case it's because they're not actually
required for tool operation. They most likely either are there as some
example or need to be cleaned up.

- That would include everything that's in those ddl directories for
sitestats, shortenedurl, lessonbuilder, common. Those are just examples on
how to extract the DDL from hibernate.
- The cm-authz-synchronizer is example code
- entitybroker deployer isn't called by the parent pom, it should just be
deleted
- Search test 1.5 isn't updated because the poms have it building with the
1.6 directory. We probably should remove the 1.5 stuff
- scheduler-configurable-job-test-component-shared (or the other job
scheduler) isn't called, I don't know what this does
- portlet-tool was removed from the master pom as well (commented) just
never removed from the svn

        <!-- Mercury portal retired as of 2.8, see
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19001 -->
        <!-- <module>portal-mercury/mercury</module> -->
        <!-- <module>portal-portlet-tool/tool</module> -->

- Steve Swinsburg made the sitestats 2.3.4 tag, so I don't know what's with
that subdirectory.
- I don't update any local properties in tools (like lessonbuilder) so yea
those should probably all be removed or a profile added for the release
process to use.

So really, you could file a jira and svn rm most of this stuff from
subversion. I'd leave the ddl directories and cm-authz-synchronizer.
Probably also the extra stuff in scheduler.

The only real problem I see is with Lessons possibly including the wrong
versions during deployment.