[cle-release-team] i18n locales defaults handling

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Apr 4 06:37:03 PDT 2013

> > It looks like we've also lost the support for the "locales.more" sakai
> property, which was greatly valued by the i18n community when testing out
> new translations. I think that loading the locales in one place is fine,
> but requiring a kernel change is very bad.

Aaron's cleanup work has brought about 50% more sanity in my book.  Old way
was load a config property with a default in code, then (maybe) override it
in default.sakai.properties, and then finally override in your local
sakai.properties or local.properties.  The cleanup means that the default
is guaranteed set in the code, the default.sakai.properties nicely
documents the available property, and your local sakai.properties operates
as usual.

Nothing has changed with regard to your ability to override a property in
sakai.properties or local.properties including "locales" or "locales.more".

--Sam