[cle-release-team] PDA/Mobile Portal Blocker: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22285

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Thu Sep 13 09:50:43 PDT 2012

It looks like the changes made in SAK-22285 introduced a regression (in trunk), and should not be merged to 2.9.x. After talking with Gonzalo, we've concluded that the review of 2.9.x mobile functionality is complete, and that there are no regressions in the mobile portal. There is an outstanding problem displaying Profile2 in the mobile portal, detailed in SAK-22285, but the problem with Profile 2 in the mobile portal is not new to the 2.9.x release.

I've done the following -- feel free to comment or object:

1) Closed SAK-22285 as "incorporated" (and downgraded to Critical). The JIRA states that a thorough review of PDA portal functionality should happen and this is done.
2) Opened SAK-22611 (critical, and against trunk) to more specifically describe the problem with the mobile portal in trunk. Gonzalo has asked that someone familiar with the portal review this as he doesn't think it's an issue that can be resolved with CSS.
3) This effectively removes SAK-22285 (and any mobile portal issues) as blockers from the Sakai 2.9 release

Thanks!
- Beth