[cle-release-team] JIRA Version Maintenance

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Nov 27 11:27:07 PST 2012

Summary
--------------------
Done, mostly.  All 2.9.0 alpha, beta, and rc versions merged into 2.9.0 and some cleanup per Matt's cleanup list (see below).

Notes
---------------
            * Side affect of merge is that there are over 800 issues for which at least one affectedVersion is 2.9.0 and at least one fixVersion is 2.9.0. Query : affectedVersion = "2.9.0" and fixVersion = "2.9.0"
            * Only affected SAK, SAM, and KNL .
            * wrt Resolved/Open/Awaiting issues having fix version unset,I may check with the Samigo team because they may be using the fixVersion in a slightly different way than the CLE release team overall.

Questions
            * I don't see a way to bulk change the fixVersion in Jira. For those Jira admins out there, am I missing something? Many fields showed, but not fixVersion.
            * Is it preferable to have an empty fixVersion or "2.10 [tentative]" ?  There are some issues that I'm hoping we will get into 2.9.2, and setting to "2.10 [tentative]" fix version seems wrong. On the other hand, we are only setting the fixVersion for the version in which the Jira is actually fixed, but maybe "2.10 [tentative] is a good place holder?

Thanks,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org