[cle-release-team] FW: OSP 2.6 help and beyond

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Tue Mar 6 08:22:40 PST 2012

> At the last conference, Sam Ottenhof and I suggested to Alan
> Regan that the help CONTENT be removed from the IU KB and put
> into Subversion where it could be maintained and versioned. Sam
> (Longsight) went so far as to create a system where updates could
> be made to the help and then possibly pushed out to Subversion
> with ~zero technical knowledge. But I think this approach was
> abandoned.

Correct, I built a working system in Drupal that allowed content editors to
modify help files using a rich-text editor.  The system also handled
translations and exported to patch files that could be committed back to
SVN.

The help group decided to try to use the existing workflows instead: edit
help files in Google docs, send their changes to IU, have them committed to
IU KB, and then have the changes pulled into SVN trunk via the UCT scripts.

Alan from the help group has asked me to resurrect the system I built as
the old workflow didn't seem to bear fruit.

--Sam