[cle-release-team] FW: OSP 2.6 help and beyond

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 6 08:14:17 PST 2012

Matthew Jones wrote:

> I wonder if this is a tool that Alan/Rebecca would be
> interested in updating? It looks like the sakai
> help/documentation effort gets pretty good attendance? It
> doesn't look like any people on this list make those calls.
>
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/ESUP/Help+Files+2.9+Content+Project

Marquard's scripts just sync data housed in the IU KB with trun
and branches. Many of the issues here revolve around versioning
in the IU KB, etc. and a related discussion topic was "should all
the Sakai help files remain in the IU KB?"...

At the last conference, Sam Ottenhof and I suggested to Alan
Regan that the help CONTENT be removed from the IU KB and put
into Subversion where it could be maintained and versioned. Sam
(Longsight) went so far as to create a system where updates could
be made to the help and then possibly pushed out to Subversion
with ~zero technical knowledge. But I think this approach was
abandoned.

I previously asked the Documentation group to appoint a TCC
liasion. I think it was either Ala or Mathieu Plourde.

Seth