[cle-release-team] Rationalising the download artifacts

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jun 21 18:05:50 PDT 2012

Oh you mean for the demo?

Wouldn't this only be a problem if the zip was created in windows rather
than unix? I believe zip files created in unix will retain the permissions
that existed on the files.

I should be okay, I downloaded the Sakai demo zip from
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.8+release+notes#SakaiCLE28releasenotes-Downloading

Starting with Ant 1.5.2, <zip> can store Unix permissions inside the
archive (see description of the filemode and dirmode attributes for
<zipfileset> <http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/zipfileset.html>).
Unfortunately there is no portable way to store these permissions. Ant uses
the algorithm used by Info-Zip's <http://www.info-zip.org/> implementation
of the zip and unzip commands - these are the default versions of zip and
unzip for many Unix and Unix-like systems.

I'm not 100% sure what that means but it's worth testing! ;)

Pack demo has
      <zip destfile="sakai-demo-${sakai.version}.zip" compress="yes">
          <zipfileset dir="${basedir}/target/pack/"
prefix="sakai-demo-${sakai.version}" />
      </zip>

So maybe we just need to add filemode of 755. Sure that would make
*everything* executable, but everything is better than nothing right? Or
perhaps it's possible to be selective with zipfileset and just make the
files in bin 755?