[cle-release-team] binary of lessonbuilder

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Feb 10 07:18:52 PST 2012

Yea, it looks like
http://builds.sakaiproject.org<http://builds.sakaiproject.org:8080/>
is
already uploading indie SNAPSHOTS to the maven repo for the indies that are
there but I don't think that the jenkins release plugin was ever enabled or
configured for anything. I think this was something Chris was talking about
with making the releases easier and something we've been talking about at
the meetings, but nobody has had any time to focus on this yet.

Also, in the sonatype (maven central) world it's much harder to make
mistakes because you actually have to stage artifacts, verify them through
the UI, then release them.

Lessonbuilder is also going to be a semi-special case on the release plan
because of so much stuff it depends on.

If you look at the Indie release order page, it's all the way at the
bottom: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Indie+release+order
And if you want to enable the option features, someone is really going to
have to compile it from source anyway. Or someones going to have to rewrite
it to use a lot of reflection. (From Chuck " I could put my own layer above
it, and dynamically detect which version is present in the system.")

Anyway, ideally I can get time away from local issues before next Thursday
to make progress on something with Chris.

-Matthew