[cle-release-team] Important information for trunk developers (SNAPSHOT artifacts)

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Apr 27 08:44:31 PDT 2012

So removing artifacts uncovered a number of bugs. Whodda thunk! ;)

My initial guess as to the cause was the enforcer plugin which was pulled
in as part of SAK-21055 and the sonatype parent were causing problems with
dependency resolution in the assemblies.
This would have been related to this old bug in maven:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3283
And in the enforcer plugin: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MENFORCER-42

However even after removing the parent and the enforcer plugin from
kernel/master the build still failed.

2 more bugs came up.

1) As part of a release plugin, BasicLTI was bumped to version 2.1-SNAPSHOT
and not updated in the master. This caused Lesson Builder to fail. My
feeling is to update master rather than revert the version of BasicLTI.

2) Job Scheduler doesn't build if tests are disabled. The main pom has a
profile to prevent scheduler-test-component-shared from being build of
"skip tests" are set, and then the assembly pom fails when trying to
resolve this jar and war dependency. So these dependencies need to also be
in a profile.

I'll create a jira and fix these two bugs. After this, with a clean
repository, trunk-all builds for me on an empty repository.