[cle-release-team] Hoe to release an indie

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:03:56 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm wondering how we now release indie tools individually. I have seen this guide:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+CLE+release+guide

but it assumes we are releasing everything.

Basically, I want to know how I might go and release a version of something (say Profile2) whenever I want to.

I know how to use Jenkins to do it, but do I then need to go and push them through the various stages in Sonatype?

Also, if I was to make a release of something that is currently going through the 2.9 alpha/beta release process is anyone going to get upset? I have some fixes I want to use in a release.

thanks,
Steve